Self Introduction

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my blog for EDPC 610 Diversity, Learning and Technologies. You can learn a little more about me by checking out my Voki and by the questions below, enjoy!
  • If I were to write a book about myself, I would name it “Adventure Awaits”. Ever since I was young I have always had an urge to explore. My most recent trips include a raptor trapping workshop and the start of a conservation education program in Madagascar.
  • My favorite joke is: Q: “What happens to frogs who park illegally?” A: “They get toad!”
  • I have primarily been involved with nature education (I have my bachelors in Biology). I have been teaching for about eight years. This is my second semester at NYIT and I am enrolled in the Early Childhood Education program.
  • Teaching language arts is definitely a subject I do not have much experience in. The only exposure I have would be during substitute teaching at the local elementary schools.
  • I feel that I have a good understanding of new literacies after taking EDPC 605 last semester. In the 21st century it is vital that students are immersed in Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) so that they can compete and function in today’s workplace.
  • My concern for taking this course would be the large amount of material presented in a short amount of time. I tend to work a lot more this time of year so I just need to make sure that my time management is well thought out.

Nicole's picture

Comments

Popular Posts